- Q: How do I purchase buttons and tickets?
A: You can do so through our website (Box Office & Tickets), in our offices at 230 College Street, or at any of a number of vendors throughout Vermont (Button Outlets). PLEASE NOTE: Vouchers and Certificates can only be redeemed at the First Night Box Office BEFORE December 31st.
- Q: How much are the buttons?
A: Check out our general button information page (General Button Info).
- Q: What is the difference between a button and a ticket?
A: Buttons are required for every performance at First Night. Some performances, including select ones at the Flynn Center Main Stage, the Memorial Auditorium Main Floor, and FlynnSpace, require a ticket IN ADDITION to a button. All events are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Q: Are buttons or tickets refundable; something has come up and I can't go after all?
A: Refunds are not available from First Night. You may donate your buttons and tickets back to First Night to pass along to those in need, or find a friend to take your place!
- Q: What if the weather is bad?
A: First Night Burlington is held regardless of the weather.
- Q: I'd love to go to First Night, but I can't afford it this year. Is there a way to get a free button?
A: Yes! Please check out our Volunteer page (Volunteers). Volunteer for a three hour shift and earn a First Night button that you can use all day, even before your shift.
- Q: Are there any free events?
A: Buttons are not needed for the fireworks display at the waterfront at 6pm or midnight; join in the Dancing Dragons Parade at 5pm along the Church Street Marketplace or enjoy Living Masterpieces without a button.
- Q: What time does the event start?
A: First Night performances begin at noon and are on-going at more than 20 venues throughout Burlington. The festivities end with fireworks at the waterfront at midnight.
- Q: What should I do with my children?
A: Bring them! We have many family friendly-events (Family Zone), as well as performances for all ages.
- Q: I, or someone coming with me, is disabled. Will we be able to enjoy First Night?
A: All sites are wheelchair accessible and have handicapped parking available. Please call the First Night office at (802) 863-6005/(800) 639-9252 if we can be of further assistance.
- Q: Where do I park?
A: Check out our parking and shuttle information (parking page).
- Q: Where can I eat during the day?
A: Check out our listing of places to eat (food).
- Q: Are public restrooms available?
A: Yes. Visit City Hall (Church Street near Main Street) - 2nd floor; Memorial Auditorium (Main Street and South Union Street); or Burlington Town Center (Church Street).